Friday, November 19, 2010

Opening Day 2010/2011

Ladies and Gentlemen: IT’S HERE, the 2010/2011 snowboard/ski season.

The addictive white, fluffy stuff (snow not cocaine, geez) has been falling all over the place the last few days, covering all the local peaks. I’ll be completely honest; it’s a VERY distracting situation (ye!) at work. Crystal is opening four lifts today and Baker follows suit with all 7 lifts tomorrow. Granted we’ve still got low snow conditions, but some is definitely better than none.

I’m actually slightly happy that the season didn’t start earlier than this weekend. Why, you ask? Well, it would have made my trip to Hawaii last weekend a little less enjoyable knowing that I was missing one of the biggest events I have ever looked forward to. Don’t get me wrong, I still would have had a blast in Hawaii, but I still would have been a little jealous of all my buddies who were back in the PNW slaying pow while I was soaking up 85 degree weather on a beach somewhere drinking a Miller Highlife (or 10).

Anyway, back to the excitement! I’ve already assembled a crew to head up to Mount Baker at the butt crack of dawn with a goal of getting FIRST CHAIR of the 2010/2011 season. We’ll be armed with cameras and a Contour HD helmet cam (which I would LOVE to get for Christmas, hint hint) so stay tuned for a 1st day report in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment